The Director, IS Management acts as a team leader that manages, develops, and mentors the IT team while designing and implementing the company’s hardware and software infrastructure requirements and moving technical projects forward.
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments; assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff
- Maintain the integrity, security and continual operation of the company’s network including inter- and intra-networking and wireless network
- Identify emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company infrastructure
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and technologies and changes to existing computer systems and software applications
- Respond to customer support issues for applications, servers and devices
- Work with administration and staff to assess and respond to company IT needs
- Administer the departmental budget
- Work with Rockfish IT Helpdesk to train new technologies and improve support to end users
- Supervise the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software
- Proactively identify and optimize network, server and application bottlenecks
- Identify and respond to security risks and develop appropriate security procedures
- Work as a team to prioritize and accomplish goals in a rapid pace work environment
Experiences/Abilities You Should Have:
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Degree in relevant field or transferable experience
- Expert in many technical disciplines including networking, security audit, software and hardware analysis, and project management.
- Strong analytic and logical problem solving skills
- Expert in network design and deployment, configuration of networking components including routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, and VLANs
- Expert in vendor selection and relationship management.
- Expert in administration of Windows Server, Linux, Office 365, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and virtual server technology (Vmware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills; sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented
- Expert in Windows, Mac OS x, and/or Linux operating systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable; able to manage shifting priorities as projects evolve
- Experience with VoIP implementations
- Experience in security best practices (ISO 27002) or CISSP preferred
Rockfish intentionally celebrates diversity and forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, age, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We apply this policy to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact a member of the People Group at 479-464-0622.